Motorbike Tours FAQ

On a motorbike tour, it's important to remain flexible. All the same, we believe a solid plan makes it easier to focus on the ride. We've included the answers to our guests' most frequently asked questions here for your convenience, but if you have any questions at all don't hesitate to get in touch. Drop us an email at contact@dirtbikevietnam.com, we'd be delighted to hear from you!

Planning Your Tour

Yes, we do! In fact, more than half the tours we ride are custom tours. Check out our page on custom tours, or drop us an email at contact@dirtbikevietnam.com stating the size of your group, your expected dates, and any other ideas or questions you have and we'll get back to you with a draft itinerary within 24 hours!

Of course. Many of our guests create their own tours simply by modifying the ones we have up already on our site. Just fill out the contact form on our our custom tours page or drop us an email detailing your ideas, and we'll send you through a modified itinerary!

Most of our guests purchase their own insurance before they come to Vietnam, and health and liability insurance is not included in the cost of our tours. But, we can organise insurance for you from our end which would cover you for the duration of your tour, and at quite a reasonable price. Just let us know if that's something you'd be interested in and we'll send you through the details.

We have a pretty big collection of gloves and helmets, but most of our guests prefer to bring their own protective gear.

Because you'll be riding a dirt bike with a luggage rack, you should take a soft bag or two that you're happy to strap to the back with bungees. In addition to your motorbike gear and all the usual essentials we recommend taking plenty of warm weather clothes, as well as clothes for cooler weather (it can get surprisingly cold in the mountains, especially at night) and some rain gear, too.

For your convenience, we offer airport pickup. It's already included in the cost of our tours. Just let us know your flight number, arrival time and the name and address of your hotel, and we'll send a driver to meet you when you touch down!

Yes, we focus exclusively on motorbike tours. If you're looking to do any other types of tour while you're here we recommend checking out our partners, conbeo.com, who have a great selection on their Vietnam travel marketplace.

On Tour

Our motorbike tours are all-inclusive. This leaves you free to focus on doing what you came here to do!

airport pickup

English speaking tour guide

breakfast, lunch and dinner

accommodation (shared)

motorbike rental

fuel

helmets and gloves

tickets to national parks and for ferries

Not much:

drinks at the end of the day

souvenirs

health and liability insurance

Of course. Vegetarian, gluten free, and even vegan food is readily available in Vietnam, despite such diets being pretty uncommon among locals. Just include details of your requirements when you email or book with us so that we can prepare.

We use two different types of accommodation when on tour: homestays and hotels. Homestays are run by villagers who open up their homes to visitors, almost like bed and breakfasts in the UK. They're a great place to get a feel for Vietnam and we only stay in homestays that are clean, serve good food and have hot running water. We often stay at local hotels, too, but, since we visit such remote places, don't expect the Hilton!

Deposits and Payments

We aim to keep our pricing as transparent as possible. Here are our prices (all are per day):

Honda XR150Honda CRF250
1 bike$200$250
2-3 bikes$150$200
4-7 bikes$140$190
8-11 bikes$120$170
12-14 bikes$110$160
15-20 bikes$100$150
21+ bikes$90$140

Only in these circumstances:

Single, rather than shared accommodation:$20 per rider per night
Overnight train, including bike transportation, from Hanoi to Lao Cai/Sa Pa (selected tours):$75 per rider/bike
1 night boat trip around Ha Long Bay (selected tours):$50 per rider
Single, rather than shared accommodation on the boat trip around Ha Long Bay (selected tours):$50 per rider

Yes, we request a deposit of 30% for all motorbike tours, as well as for all motorbike rentals. Details of how to go about paying your deposit can be found on our deposits and payments page.

Most of our guests book from outside Vietnam, and pay their 30% deposits online through Paypal, or by Western Union, telephone or international bank transfer. The remaining 70% you can pay in cash or by card at our shop any time before you actually begin your tour. More details can be found on our deposits and payments page.